Pages

Thursday 24 March 2016

Hated India since childhood; Ex-Pak PM Yousaf Raza Gillani visited home when my father died, claims Headley

Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley on Friday told the court that he has hated India since his childhood and later joined LeT to take the revenge of his school's bombing in 1971.

The 55-year-old, who has turned approver in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case, stated this during a cross-examination on the third day by Abdul Wahab Khan, the lawyer of Abu Jundal, an alleged key plotter of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, via a video link from the US.

"I have this hatred towards India since December 7, 1971, when Indian planes bombed my school & people who worked there died," claimed Headley.

He further claimed that he joined LeT to avenge those bombings on his school.

Meanwhile, Headley also admitted that he was trying to organise a fund-raising programme for Shiv Sena in the USA, and intended to invite Bal Thackeray to the US. However, there was no plan to attack him there.

Headley, had on Thursday said that LeT wanted to target Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
Speaking to the media after Headley's cross-examination, Special Prosecutor in the case Ujjwal Nikam said that the Pakistani-American terrorist had made four major revelations.

# Headley says his father was retired DG Radio Pakistan, and he died on December 25, 2008.

# The then Pak PM Yousaf Raza Gillani visited our home in Pakistan when  father passed away.

# My father, brother & some other of my relatives were in Pakistan establishment but I can't disclose their details.

# I told my father about my association with LeT. I told him myself. My father had objections with my association with LeT.

# I have never been interrogated or questioned in connection with 9/11 US attacks case.

# I was arrested in Pakistan once, the case was registered by my ex-wife Faiza.
 
David Headley during cross-examination in Mumbai Court (With ANI Inputs)

# Headley admits that he was trying to  organise a fund-raising programme for Shiv Sena in the USA.

# He was intending to invite Bal Thackeray to the US but there was no plan to attack him there.

# He was in touch with Rajaram Rege for that. He never met or talked to Bala Saheb for inviting him to that programme.

# He was willing to invite some other Shiv Sena leader for that prog after being told by Rege that Bala Saheb was old & not well.

# I cannot disclose location of my jail where I'm lodged in. I can't reveal what facilities I am getting here.

# It's not true that I am living a luxurious life in the US prison.

# I have hatred towards Indian since my childhood and I have pleaded guilty to that.

# I have this hatred towards India since 7th December 1971 when Indian planes bombed my school & people who worked there died.

# I joined LeT to avenge those bombings on my school.This was one of the reasons why I joined LeT.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment